Australia has one the safest blood supplies in the world in terms of viral safety but like any medical procedure, there are risks associated with transfusion. Compare the risks of transfusion with everyday risks based on Australian statistics.
- Australian Red Cross Blood Service. Blood Component Information. Australia, 2009.
- Australian Institute of Health and Welfare. Diabetes Australian facts 2008.
- Australian Institute of Health and Welfare. Australia's health 2010.
- Kidney Health Australia. Fast facts on CKD in Australia. [cited 2011]. Available from: http://www.kidney.org.au
- Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Local Government. Road deaths Australia 2008 statistical summary. Australia, 2009.
- The Kirby Institute. HIV, viral hepatitis and sexually transmissible infections in Australia, Annual Surveillance Report. Australia, 2011.
- Australian Government Cancer Australia. Breast cancer statistics. [cited 2011]. Available from: http://canceraustralia.nbocc.org.au
- Norton L. Spinal cord injury Australia 2007-2008. Australian Institute of Health and Welfare. Australia, 2010.
- Australian Bureau of Meteorology. Severe thunderstorms. [cited 2011]. Available from: http://reg.bom.gov.au